I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! We’re still on the road, and should be home soon! With summer right around the corner, I figured I’d share this great stove top recipe, which is perfect for the summer because you don’t even have to heat up your oven!
If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know what kind of “kitchen conditions” we’ve spent the past two months in. (And if you haven’t been following, here’s a quick recap- we’ve been living in a hotel with a kitchenette featuring only a two burner stove and no oven – scroll down to read my posts to learn more!) Today I have another one of our stovetop-only recipes to share. I spent a lot of time coming up with a varied list of stovetop recipes, so I figured I might as well share them- they’re perfect for summer when you don’t want to have to heat up your oven and overheat your kitchen!
Today’s is Stove Top Chicken Parmesan – my husband’s favorite is chicken parmesan, so I altered it to be no-bake. As a bonus, it is super easy and really quick!
The chicken in this dish is not breaded in the traditional way because we had to work with limited groceries on hand, but I’m sure it would be just as amazing if you had the means to bread it with breadcrumbs!
For 2-3 servings, you’ll need the following: (adjust as necessary for a larger family)
– 1/2 lb chicken breast
– 8 oz of your favorite pasta (we used thin spaghetti)
– 1 can of diced tomatoes (I love the garlic and oregano one for this dish)
– 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
– olive oil
– salt/pepper/garlic powder
1. Begin by bringing a sauce pot of water to a boil to cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. While the pasta is cooking, warm 1T of olive oil in a frying pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook thoroughly.
3. When the chicken is done, remove it from the pot, and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
4. When the pasta is done, drain (do not rinse) and return to pot. Add diced chicken and can of diced tomatoes. Toss to coat.
5. Plate the dish and top with 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese. Serve with garlic bread and salad for a complete meal!