Holy delicious vegetable side dish! (yes– I just said delicious and vegetable in the same sentence!)
Yesterday was Mother’s Day ~ Happy Mother’s Day to any mothers who are reading! To celebrate, my sister and I made dinner. After much deliberating (and “pinteresting“) we decided on some Sweet and Sour chicken (recipe can be found here – go check it out– it was delish!). Any oriental dish needs rice on the side, but we were stuck on a vegetable. In the freezer we found a bag of corn and a bag of green beans. We grabbed the green beans and decided to try something different, and our something different turned out to be such a hit that I have to share it with you!
I present– Crispy Ranch Green Beans. Now I know they are not the most beautiful thing in the world, but believe me– they are delicious! You won’t even realize you’re eating veggies!
1 bag of frozen green beans
2 Tbs of water
2-3 Tbs of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
*optional* Cayenne pepper to taste
2 Tbs of dry ranch dressing mix
– Preheat oven to 400*
– Cook green beans according to the directions on the package
– Drain green beans and pat dry
– Put green beans in a large bowl and toss with the 2 tbs of olive oil (start with 2 tbs and add another if needed to coat)
– Prepare an oven-save tray with foil, and spread the green beans in a single layer on the tray.
– Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Optional– sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste
– Place in pre-heated oven and cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the tray out, and stir the green beans to move them around. Spread the green beans so they are in a single layer again and sprinkle with 2 tbs of dry ranch dressing mix.
– Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the green beans are crispy.